Criminal Defense Attorney
Call (415) 370-4059 to make an appointment.
I do criminal defense exclusively. I have practiced in this area of law for more than 17 years. I have tried cases in the state courts of Texas, New Mexico, and California.
- 2016: Texas v. D. J. – Not Guilty – Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon
- 2015: New Mexico v. J. F. – 2 Counts Not Guilty – 1 Count Dismissed Before Trial – 1 Count Guilty – Criminal Sexual Contact of a Minor
- 2015: New Mexico v. F. L. – Hung Jury – Criminal Sexual Contact of a Minor
My clients can count on a thoroughly investigated and prepared case whether trial is inevitable or not. You will always get a client-centered, results-oriented approach to your case.
I have handled several thousand cases over the years, including the following offenses:
- Assault, aggravated assault, battery
- Sexual assault, rape, statutory rape, criminal sexual contact of a child
- Theft, shoplifting, white collar offenses
- DWI, DUI, public intoxication, disorderly conduct
- Domestic violence, assault on family members, child abuse, endangering a child, negligent injury to a child
- Murder, manslaughter
- Kidnapping, false imprisonment, pimping
- Possession of cocaine, heroin, marijuana, prescription drugs without a prescription (in every imaginable quantity)
- Possession of child pornography
- Representation of witnesses to criminal offenses
- Representation of alleged victims of criminal offenses
- And of course, many other offenses more obscure than these
Criminal offenses can have different names in different states. Therefore, if you don’t see the one you are accused of, I have still probably handled it at some point. Just ask.
DISMISSALS AND NOLLE PROSEQUIS
- I obtained over 70 dismissals for my clients in the two years I was a Deputy Public Defender in El Paso County, Texas.
- I obtained a similar rate of nolle prosequis (New Mexico legalese for dismissal) as an Assistant Public Defender in Doña Ana County, New Mexico.
Finally, the only way you can know if a lawyer will work well with you is to speak to him or her before you sign the contract. I encourage you to come in and talk about your case and expectations. There is never any cost to do so.