David Wilton practices criminal defense exclusively. He has practiced in this area of law for more than 17 years, having tried cases in the state courts of Texas, New Mexico, and California.
Representative sample of recent successes:
- 2016, Texas v. D. J. – Not Guilty – Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon
- 2015, New Mexico v. J. F. – 2 Counts Not Guilty – 1 Count Dismissed Before Trial – 1 Count Guilty – Criminal Sexual Contact with a Minor
- 2008, California v. J. Z. – Not Guilty – Assault
- Over 70 dismissals in 2 years at the El Paso County Public Defender’s office (2015-2017), and a similar rate of nolle prosequis in a year at the Law Offices of the Public Defender — New Mexico (Las Cruces, 2014-2015)
Clients can count on a thoroughly investigated and prepared case whether or not the case ultimately goes to trial. You will also always get a client-centered, results-oriented approach to your case.
Representative sample of types of cases handled:
- Assault, aggravated assault, battery
- Theft, shoplifting, white collar offenses
- DWI, DUI, public intoxication, disorderly conduct
- Domestic violence, assault on family members, child abuse, endangering a child, negligent injury to a child
- Kidnapping, false imprisonment, pimping
- Possession of cocaine, heroin, marijuana, prescription drugs without a prescription (in every imaginable quantity)
- Representation of witnesses to criminal offenses
- Representation of alleged victims of criminal offenses
The only way you can know if a lawyer will work well with you is to speak to him or her before you sign the contract. David encourages prospective clients to come in and talk about their case and expectations. There is never any cost to do so.