Criminal Defense Attorney
Call (415) 370-4059 to make an appointment.
A recurring theme in my working life has been helping disadvantaged people and doing jobs others would rather not.
Before law school, I taught English as a second language and remedial subjects to workers displaced by the North America Free Trade Agreement.
When teaching jobs were scarce, I worked for an early-release halfway house for former inmates in El Paso and for a runaway shelter in Albuquerque.
When everything else dried up, nothing else panned out, or all else failed, I also maintained a small business cleaning offices around El Paso.
After law school, I have continued to work with people trying to overcome problems in their lives … .
- El Paso County Public Defender’s Office, 2015 – 2017
- New Mexico Public Defender Department – Las Cruces, 2014 – 2015
- Private criminal defense practice in San Francisco, CA, 2004 – 2014
- Stanislaus County Public Defender’s Office (Modesto, CA), 2003 – 2004
- El Paso County District Attorney’s Office, 2001 – 2002
Professional Associations (current or occasional member)
- New Mexico Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- California Public Defenders Association
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- New Mexico
Federal Court Admissions
- US District Court, New Mexico
- US District Court, Northern District of California
- US District Court, Western District of Texas